Administrators, also known as Admins or Sysops, are users with extended rights that help them: contribute, modify the site, edit the home page, delete pictures, delete vandalism and spam, and more. They aim to build a community and make sure everything runs smoothly. Administrators are granted their additional tools by a Bureaucrat.
Some Admins are Bureaucrats, which means they have the power to promote or demote users of the wiki, in addition to their adminship. Other are Wikia Staff, whom are a part of the official staff of the Wikia network.
Administrators are voted into their position based on their application and qualifications. Administrators are promoted to their rank and will generally stay at that rank until they can no longer preform the expected duties of their role. Administrators are held to the same standards as other editors and are expected to follow the same policies and guidelines as everyone else. Administrators can choose to step down if they wish.
Administrators additional functions include:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
Who Are This Wiki's Administrators?Edit
|Bathsheba13 Pack Alpha (Founder)||message wall||Active|
How Do I Use Administrator Powers?Edit
See Help:Administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.
Contact Wikia StaffEdit
Becoming An AdministratorEdit
There will be an announcement when there are new Administrators wanted, and when they're picked. Keep an eye on the forum if you would like to become one. If there are no active bureaucrats, use the "Requests for adminship" page to nominate users to become admins or bureaucrats. Once a community decision has been reached (or if there is no active community to debate the decision), please leave a message at the wiki adoption requests page and Wikia Staff can provide the rights.
- No applications when they're closed: There will be a highlighted post whenever the applications for admin positions are open , and it will be on top of this page. If they're not open , please do not apply.
- To become an Administrator you must fill out the application or be invited by an active Admin/bureaucrat.
- No spamming the admins: When you are being considered for an admin position, chances are that the other admins know who you are and what you do. So no need to spam the other admins with the request of becoming an admin.
- Have a minimum of 200 main space edits. This does not include: forums, blog, talk, or user pages.
- The user must have a thorough knowledge of The Bitten series.
- The user will serve as a role model to the other users on the wiki. As such, their behavior should reflect this.
- The user will serve as a representative for our wiki. As such, their behavior should reflect this.