These basic rules apply to the whole of Bitten Wikia. They are expected to be followed at all times while browsing and participating on Bitten wiki. These guidelines apply to general user behavior, making pages, editing the wiki, templates, adding images, and everything in between.
The Bitten Wikia practices open-mindedness and assumes good faith. We assume that most people who work on a wiki are trying to improve it, not hurt it. These guidelines help with that. Please read through this page carefully. Failure to adhere to these rules may result in severe consequences. If you have any questions, contact the administrators.
- Don't be afraid to get started. Go ahead, it's a wiki!
- Be careful about the amount of personal information you provide. (i.e: name, age, location, etc.)
- Act civil towards other users.
- Avoid starting conflicts. This Wikia isn't here for bickering.
- Do not call out the admins and other users for lack of content on pages. Wikia's are a lot of work, and chances are the admins and other users are super busy. Instead, help contribute to the pages.
- When in doubt, ask a Pack Member (Admin), take it to the article's talk page, or the forums. We don't bite.
- Do not spam irrelevant or inappropriate messages. (i.e: repeatedly posting the same messages, advertising a business or website, etc.)
- No sexually explicit images or content.
- Any word used in the show, or book, is allowed on the wikia. However, the more offensive words cannot be directed at: other users, the cast, crew, or the characters themselves.
User Guidelines Edit
- Regardless of status, all users are required to show respect towards yourself and other users. Personal attacks, insults, bullying, slander, inflammatory remarks, harassment, and/or sexual harassment will not be tolerated.
- We disapprove of minimodding. Minimodding occurs when a user oversteps the boundaries of their authority.
- However, we do encourage users to make others aware of our policies, but actual warnings and removals are the responsibility of the Wiki staff.
- Vandalism will not be tolerated. Vandalism is any type of edit that is deliberately destructive to the article, or part of a page without proper reason. It may also involve replacing information with: inappropriate, ridiculous, random, and/or harmful information.
- If you see a vandalized page, please report it to a Pack Member (Admin). The administrators will take proper action in dealing with the vandal.
- Comments on pages are expected to be appropriate. This means no inappropriate language, and the comment should be relevant to the topic. Neither should it be inflammatory. All comments are expected to use decent spelling, grammar and punctuation. Any comments insulting or harassing any users will deleted; such comments will also result in blocks.
- Editing conflicts: When there is an editing conflict the two editors are expected to try and solve the issue on their own. If they can not come to an agreement in a civil way, they should ask a neutral party to give an opinion. If they still disagree, The Pack (Admins) will step in themselves.
- Format changes: Big format changes (such as deleting sections of articles or removing information from infoboxes) should be run by the community first. If you have option to speedy communication with an admin, then use it in specific cases.
Chat and Comments Edit
- Please note that Bitten Wiki Chat and Comments are not spoiler-free zones. You have been warned, enter at your own risk.
- This may happen to the Bitten Wiki Chat during or following a new episode airing.
- Do not use excessive amounts of caps.
- Do not use excessive amounts of Chat Speak.
- Do not harass/slander another user at all.
- Advertise another wikia/chat/site/etc.